Each year the Browns Point – Dash Point Firefighter’s Association hosts an annual banquet. During the banquet Fire Chief Cliff McCollum has the honor of recognizing the hard work (and sometimes teachable-moments) of the men and women who serve as volunteer firefighters and EMTs in the local community. It is through their hard work and dedication that the fire service provided by Pierce County Fire District 13 for the Browns Point and Dash Point communities.
The following firefighters received the following recognitions:
- Lieutenant Luis Szarko for Fire Officer of the Year 2018
- Firefighter Mikael Vlasenko for Firefighter of the Year 2018
- Captain Eric Forsythe & Lieutenant Luis Szarko for Most Drills Attended
- Firefighter Ashley Johnson for Most Calls in 2018
- Firefighter Lincoln Smith for Chiefs Order of Thermodynamics
- Firefighter Ashley Johnson for Most Shifts in 2018
- Firefighter Donovan Corraggio for Weapons of Minor Destruction Award
The BPDP Firefighters Association would like to thank Carl & Stephanie Leach, owners of North 47 Brewery, for their generous donations and hospitality to the firefighters raising money for the upcoming stair climb. The Leaches were unable to attend the ceremony. Accepting the award to deliver to the Brewery was Lieutenant Michaud.